Stay Warm and Save Money this Winter Season!
- Lower your thermostat & save money- Each one-degree reduction – maintained for eight hours – could reduce your home’s energy bill by 1 percent, though it also helps to put on a sweater, too.
- Lay down a rug for more heat- You’ll not only help insulate your floors, but you’ll cut down on the noise too.
- Install a furnace filter alarm on your furnace-This will let you know when it is time to change your filters. These alarms will make a whistling sound when they sense that the filters are dirty.
- Don’t heat unnecessary places- Avoid heating areas of your home that are not insulated, such as a garage, crawlspaces, attic, or storage sheds.
- Try a HVAC tune-up Not ready to replace your heating system? A tune-up will help your system run more efficiently, helping you control your energy costs.
- Protect Your Windows-Clear plastic sheeting on your windows can add more insulation and reduce icy drafts with minimal effort and minimal cost.
- Consider a ductless mini-split heating system- if the heating is uneven throughout the house. It allows you to control the temperature in individual rooms or spaces, it’s easy to install, and is energy efficient to save energy costs.
- Bundle up your older water heater- If you have an older tank, especially if it’s located in an unheated area, wrapping it with an insulation blanket is a cheap and easy way to reduce water heating costs.